Date of Description:
Bilingual Outreach & Enrollment Specialist
November 15, 2019
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. When families struggle, we are there to help. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their needs and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers and policymakers in a variety of ways to put healthy families first. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families deserve to be healthy.
Our team is a mix of smart and purpose-driven professionals. We are change makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about the people we serve, and by addressing and seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
Program Summary: WithinReach is often the first point-of-contact for Washington families and individuals seeking information about public benefits and local resources. Healthy Connections is a team of dedicated specialists that provide outreach opportunities for Washington families who lack access to health insurance, nutrition programs and need help connecting to maternal, infant and early childhood services. As a dynamic team, we work together to minimize critical service gaps experienced by marginalized and underserved communities, one family at a time.
Position Summary: Bilingual Specialists help Washington State families connect to the resources they need via WithinReach’s contact center. We use web-based integrated databases and link families to food assistance, child development programs, health insurance, and other local community resources via live phone calls, email and text messaging.
1. General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide program information, eligibility screening, application assistance, and follow-up support to clients.
- Inform families about core, state benefit programs including but not limited to WIC, Basic Food (food stamps), child development resources, health insurance, and other community resources.
- Track client interactions and deliver resources in a client management system.
- Process client applications for assistance programs via phone and online.
- Provide friendly, informed and responsive customer service.
- Triage client cases appropriately to specialized Healthy Connections team members as needed.
- Obtain Navigator Certification through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange within the first 3 months of employment. WithinReach provides the necessary training to pass the certification exam.
2. Required Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income families.
3. Desired Qualifications
- Bilingual speaker preferred (Spanish or other language speakers are encouraged to apply).
- Familiarity with Washington State programs such as Basic Food, child development resources, WIC, and Medicaid.
4. Required Skills
- Ability to assess client needs to provide appropriate information and referrals by telephone.
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently and work with limited supervision, as well as in a strong team environment.
- Ability to listen to information while collecting and inputting data into client management systems.
Wages & Benefits:
$20 Hourly Rate, Full-Time, 40 hours/week. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision, and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time-off and employer-matched retirement plan.
155 NE 100th St, Suite 500, Seattle 98125
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
January 19, 2020