Date of Description:
November 8, 2019
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. When families struggle, we are there to help. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their needs and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers, and policymakers in a variety of ways to put healthy families first. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families deserve to be healthy.
Our team is a mix of smart and purpose-driven professionals. We are change-makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about the people we serve, and by addressing and seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
Program Summary: WithinReach is a statewide organization with programmatic work that includes both direct service delivery with families, as well as a growing body of work in developing a strong and effective prenatal to five workforce. A significant aspect across all our program areas is supporting numerous government contracts and maintaining compliance with federal and state requirements. We also support a network of vendors and subcontractors across a variety of programmatic areas.
Position Summary: The Contracts Specialist is responsible for supporting a variety of contracts and compliance requirements in accordance with federal, state, and local government requirements. This position reports to, and directly supports the Program Contracts Manager in overseeing all of WithinReach’s contracts, including those held with a variety of state and local agencies. In addition to supporting incoming contracts, this role will also help to generate contracts for subcontractors and other vendors, support data and reporting requirements, and directly support a cohort of subcontracting agencies across Western Washington.
1. ) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and edit contracts and amendments between WithinReach and vendors/subcontractors
- Act as a direct point of contact with vendors and subcontractors
- Support contract compliance through the implementation of a contract intake and contract management system
- Create tools and processes needed to monitor contract compliance, as needed
- Support the development of invoices and other tools needed to pay subcontractors
- Be a liaison between program and finance team staff, as needed
- Research regulations to guarantee that contracts are up to date and in compliance
- Support data security management, including collaboration with IT staff
- Candidates must have experience developing and assessing their work through a racial equity lens, and knowledge of health and racial equity principles and practices.
- Understanding of how racism, privilege, and oppression impact marginalized communities and populations.
- At least one year of coordination experience, OR any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the work.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultures, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Ability to work independently while part of a team. Flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to anticipate and/or identify intersecting issues, conflicts, and opportunities for collaboration across internal teams and with external partners.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License or ability to travel throughout Washington in a timely manner.
Wages & Benefits:
$22/hour, 40 hours/week. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan.
155 NE 100th St, Suite 500, Seattle 98125
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
November 22, 2019