Date of Description:
Family Resource Navigator
July 28, 2020
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. When families struggle, we are there to help. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their needs and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers and policymakers in a variety of ways to put healthy families first. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families deserve to be healthy.
Our team is a mix of smart and purpose-driven professionals. We are change makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about the people we serve, and by addressing and seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
Position Summary: The Family Resource Navigator serves as the first point of contact for Central Washington families seeking information about local resources and help accessing public benefits programs. The Family Resource Navigator supports pregnant families and families with young children up through 6 years old. The Family Resource Navigator serves as a conduit between families and resources via WithinReach’s Help Me Grow Washington Hotline. We use web-based integrated databases and phone and other communication technologies to connect families to child development programs, parent-support resources, food assistance, health insurance, and other local community resources. The Family Resource Navigator will be trained by WithinReach staff on telephone casework, early childhood subjects, relevant early childhood systems of care, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, data collection, and best practices for resource navigation. The Family Resource Navigator will reside in Yakima or Kittitas County and support Central Washington Families seeking Help Me Grow services.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering phone, web, text, and email inquiries to provide timely, relevant, and accurate information and support to families seeking assistance.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate resources and care coordination, and utilize interpreter services when necessary.
- Answer early childhood questions, connect callers to free child developmental screenings, and provide care coordination and follow-up assistance.
- Collect family intake information, document all Help Me Grow care coordination activities with families, and follow up with callers and partner agencies.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team that promotes mutual respect, open communication, and joint problem solving strategies.
- Help to maintain, update, and add to a database of child development resources and referrals.
- Participate in monthly local Help Me Grow action team meeting. Represent Help Me Grow at local community coalitions, neighborhood groups and networks as appropriate.
- Participate in regular WithinReach team and all staff meetings.
- AA in health and human services or related field, BA preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income, diverse and multicultural families
- Lives in Yakima or Kittitas County
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Early childhood health and development knowledge
- Experience in early childhood education, health care, social services or a related field
- Familiarity with child and family and/or health care delivery systems and community resources in Central Washington
- Familiarity with statewide programs such as Basic Food (SNAP), Early Support for Infants and Toddlers, WIC, and Medicaid.
- Knowledge of or experience establishing partnerships with local social service organizations
- Call center and/or relevant customer service experience
- Bicultural preferred
Required Skills & Resources:
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills to appropriately assess client needs and provide relevant resources and information, and enrollment assistance.
- Ability to interact effectively with the diverse populations and communities of Central Washington
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently and work with limited supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to listen to information while collecting and inputting data into client management systems.
- Access to reliable internet service (Recommended minimum of 25mpbs for better voice and audio quality)
Salary & Benefits:
$20 Hourly Rate, Full-Time, 40 hours/week. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision, and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan. Monthly $30 internet stipend provided.
Remote work. Must reside in Yakima and/or Kittitas County. The WithinReach office is located at 155 NE 100th Street, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98125
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
August 18, 2020