Date of Description:
Fund Development Coordinator
December 20, 2019
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. When families struggle, we are there to help. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their needs and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers and policymakers in a variety of ways to put healthy families first. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families deserve to be healthy.
Our team is a mix of smart and purpose-driven professionals. We are change makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about the people we serve, and by addressing and seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
The Opportunity: WithinReach is looking for a talented and dynamic individual to join our collaborative team as Fund Development Coordinator, to support and grow our fund development program, so that we can help all Washington families successfully connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. This position reports to the Manager of Fund Development.
Position Summary: The Fund Development Coordinator is accountable for providing support for all Fund Development activities at WithinReach, with a specific focus on events support and database management. This role requires working efficiently under pressure and creatively solving issues as they arise. Assist Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Manager of Fund Development in operations associated with individual giving (annual and major donors), institutional giving, special events, and donor communications.
Some of what you will do:
1. Events Coordination:
- Assists in the planning and execution of fundraising and donor stewardship events, including 1 annual major fundraising events, house parties (2-3 per year) and program-focused events (2-3 per year).
- Work with Manager of Fund Development, Community Engagement workgroup and committee to develop and implement production plan and schedules for donor and program events.
- Assist in procuring, tracking and acknowledging sponsors for special events.
- Work occasional nights and weekends on events.
2. Database Operations:
- Manage donor/partner database (Salesforce). Enter all forms of constituent data and gifts into Salesforce and ensure overall data integrity.
- Create mailing lists, reports and other items as needed from Salesforce.
- Work with Communications team on monthly Constant Contact email reconciliation.
3. Donor Cultivation, Solicitation & Stewardship
- Work with Manager of Fund Development to maintain a consistent program for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Draft thank-you letters and emails, ensuring donors and other funders are acknowledged in timely manner.
- Assist with donor engagement and acknowledgment activities – for example, thank-a-thons, purchasing, preparing and sending cards and gifts, and other acknowledgments.
- Track giving timelines, renewals and acknowledgements for monthly giving/evergreen and major donor program.
- Support organizational culture to include a ‘Culture of Philanthropy’.
4. Other Responsibilities
- Develop and manage timelines/schedules and budgets for internal and external constituent campaigns, events and other projects.
- Support Manager of Fund Development with general fund development activities as needed/requested.
- Provide administrative support for internal Grants Workgroup.
- Coordinate with Communications Team on donor-related social media, and design of donor &/or event materials.
- Attend outreach events and/or listen in on client calls quarterly.
What we are looking for:
- 2-3 years’ experience in Fund Development, with a strong understanding of fundraising strategies.
- Experience successfully coordinating and/or supporting special events and projects with multiple stakeholders strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Salesforce or a comparable constituent management database.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people with a customer service and donor-centered approach.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with both internal and external entities, while exercising discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with clarity, both verbally and in writing, to broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects from start to finish, prioritize deadlines, and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, ability to work independently and as part of team, and ability to give and receive feedback.
- Strong time-management, organization, prioritization and quality improvement skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new/changing situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Wages & Benefits:
$48,000 annually. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan.
155 NE 100th St, Suite 500, Seattle 98125
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
January 19, 2020