Date of Description:
Senior Manager of Evaluation and Impact
November 6, 2019
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. When families struggle, we are there to help. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their needs and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers and policymakers in a variety of ways to put healthy families first. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families deserve to be healthy.
Our team is a mix of smart and purpose-driven professionals. We are change makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about and reflecting the people we serve through workforce and leadership development and by addressing and seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
The Opportunity: WithinReach is looking for a talented and dynamic individual to join our collaborative team as a Senior Manager of Evaluation and Impact conducting data analysis and program evaluation of our statewide work building and improving systems that improve child health and well-being and our direct service work helping families successfully navigate social and health service systems and access needed resources and supports.
The Senior Manager of Evaluation and Impact is a member of the Management Team and as such, is responsible for actively contributing to the strategic objectives of the organization. This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
Position Summary: The Senior Manager of Evaluation and Impact is tasked with leading the organization’s evaluation and quality assurance efforts. The Senior Manager leads the implementation and evaluation of program goals, objectives and outcomes as defined by our annual plan, strategic plan and funder requirements; advises and monitors effective agency-wide data collection and reporting systems. In addition, the Senior Manager manages outcomes reporting and program compliance for grants/contracts; and implements procedures for ensuring that data and information are shared across the agency, and used to proactively inform business decisions.
This position serves as the primary data analytic and program evaluation resource for WithinReach and Help Me Grow Washington planning for a comprehensive system of early learning and family support for all of Washington’s children B-5. This position is responsible for conducting data analysis using internal and external data, designing and implementing program evaluation, providing consultation to agency leaders, managers, and staff. This includes making policy, strategy, and process recommendations to agency leadership.
1.) Some of What You Will do
- Design and implement multi-modal program evaluation to monitor Help Me Grow and other programmatic efforts as interventions to improve child health and well-being. This may include survey design and implementation, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, construction of appropriate comparison groups, stakeholdering, and writing summary evaluation reports.
- Research, analyze, and utilize appropriate external data sources, including data from state agencies and the National Help Me Grow network, to inform decision-making and recommendations for program design and evaluation based on data driven results.
- Support agency-wide definition of program goals, objectives and measures, strategic plan implementation, and program evaluation; produce written reports and analyses;
- Maximize the potential of current data systems, ensure data quality and develop and produce dashboards, reports, analyses; support ongoing staff training;
- Ensure that deliverables for new opportunities and/or continued funding agreements are in alignment with current data collection tools and/or reflect funding to support data base enhancements;
- Create strategic collaborations and partnerships with a diverse community network of partners, providers and other stakeholders to build partnerships to achieve coalition and program goals.
- Provide ongoing feedback and guidance to direct reports, including regular 1:1 supervision, program management, and annual performance reviews.
- Work with senior leadership to identify and support new funding opportunities
2.) What we are Looking for
- Combined experience and educational background that prepares you for this position which could include a Master’s degree in public health, or related field, and/or 3-5 years of progressive experience in data analysis, use of external data sources, and program evaluation.
- Research and Analytical Skills/Abilities: Ability to research, evaluate and draw conclusions from data; support recommendations with facts and analysis; interpret and apply rules, laws, policies and procedures. Experience leading with a strong equity analysis and demonstrated experience in applying it to their work with communities most impacted by structural inequities.
- Program Evaluation: Ability to design and conduct multi-modal program evaluation including survey design and implementation, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, construction of appropriate comparison groups, and writing summary evaluation reports.
- Equity Assessment: Candidates must have experience developing and assessing their work through a racial equity lens, and knowledge of health and racial equity principles and practices and an understanding of how racism, privilege, and oppression impact marginalized communities and populations.
- Relationship-Building Skills/Abilities: Ability to develop positive, productive, respectful working relationships with clients and co-workers. Demonstrated ability to build trust with people of diverse culture, racial/ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Problem-Solving and Creative Thinking: Ability to understand complex problems and system challenges, and propose new solutions or improvements to existing solutions.
- Communication Skills/Abilities: Ability to convey ideas and facts orally and in writing using language the audience will best understand.
- Consulting Skills/Abilities: Ability to partner with clients to identify and resolve complex or sensitive issues.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Self-Management: Understanding who you are, managing your style, taking ownership of your career, and seeking to continuously improve your capabilities.
- Team Dynamics: Collaborating effectively both as team leader and as follower. Sharing knowledge and providing feedback.
- Equity Lens: Working to dismantle racism and other forms of oppression that directly impact health and life outcomes.
- Ownership: Being a good steward of the organization by thinking like an owner and acting in the organization’s best interests.
- Commitment to Washington Families: Demonstrating commitment to the success of the families we serve by putting their interests first.
- Communication Skills: Communicating effectively in writing and across a range of verbal and interpersonal formats.
- Relationship Skills: Building and maintaining networks of strong relationships internally and in the community.
Wages & Benefits:
$75,000 annually. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan.
155 NE 100th St, Suite 500, Seattle 98125
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Open until filled