Date of Description:
Specialist – AmeriCorps, Healthy Connections
January 7, 2020
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. When families struggle, we are there to help. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their needs and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers and policymakers in a variety of ways to put healthy families first. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families deserve to be healthy.
Our team is a mix of smart and purpose-driven professionals. We are change makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about the people we serve, and by addressing and seeking to reduce the barriers that create inequalities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
Position Summary: WithinReach AmeriCorps Members make a positive impact on the greater health of Washington communities by increasing food security, healthcare coverage and addressing the social determinants of health that impact health inequities. Our AmeriCorps Members provide in-person eligibility screenings, application assistance and targeted referrals to cost-burdened communities in outreach locations across King and Snohomish County in settings such as shelters, community colleges, clinics and community service offices (CSO).
WithinReach AmeriCorps Members provide a one-stop-shop service delivery model to addressing social determinants of health; assisting families in navigating systems and resources for basic needs such as food and healthcare access programs, as well connecting to local resources such as food banks, summer meal sites, child development resources and Women, Infant and Children (WIC) clinics. At WithinReach, we believe that regular access to nutritious food and health care are key components to community health. Health and social service systems can be complex, and WithinReach aims to assist families in navigating these systems.
By joining WithinReach as an AmeriCorps Member, you can make an impact in addressing health inequities and food insecurity in Washington. This position is contingent on funding. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received with interviews taking place until placement is filled.
1.) Member Duties:
- Routinely refer to Member Service Agreement requirements.
- Ability to serve at project site location and time specified in this position description.
- Provide in-person resource navigation related to health care access and food security to low-income and under-served communities in King & Snohomish Counties. Sites may include community colleges, community services offices, shelters and community clinics.
- Discuss resources in culturally appropriate and sensitive manner.
- Participate in 3-4 out-of-office outreach shifts each week.
- Participate in 1-2 days per week in-office conducting outbound calls to clients, including follow up and data tracking.
- Maintain open communication with the site to optimize referral of clients and communicate the services member can provide to clients.
- Use WithinReach’ s client management database to collect data around demographics, food insecurity, access to care and program eligibility.
- Administer survey to clients to track impact of interactions.
2.) Program Benefits:
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Health Coverage
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Learn more about Washington Service Corps benefits
- Car recommended
- Permits working at another job during off hours
- Permits attendance at school during off hours
- Team Work
- Public Health
- Social Services
- General Skills
Health and Hunger
Position Start/End Date:
2/18/2020 – 8/15/2020
$1,945.23 Monthly Living Stipend from Washington Service Corps
155 NE 100th St, Suite 500, Seattle 98125
February 10, 2020
Apply for this position via the AmeriCorps Website